SELLING AT MEALY'S
Request an Estimate
Mealy's can provide complimentary auction estimates for items that are typically sold by us. However, such estimates are suggested market prices based on the information given, and are always subject to revision based on a expert's physical examination of the item(s). To avail of this service, one must be the rightful outright owner of the item(s) or his/her agent. The following information is used by our experts to ascertain pre-sale estimates:
- Clear high resolution color images of the item, including the reverse, base and any other significant.
- Close-up images of the signature or maker's mark or other defining characteristics.
- Dimensions (height x width x depth) and the medium or material.
- Provenance information, including how, when and where the current owner acquired the item(s).
- Copies of previous professional valuations, appraisaldocumentation, or certificates of authenticity.
- any other information available relating to the item.
Meet with an Expert
Mealy's are please to arrange a meeting with you to discuss any aspect of the sale or valuation of you item(s) or collection.
Our experts include:
George Mealy Senior, MRICS MSCSI
George is a licensed auctioneer with 40 years experience in the sale and valuation of fine & decorative art and personal property. He is a fully accredited member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, in the faculty of Art & Antiques. He is also a full member of the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland. His specialties include period furniture, paintings, silver, porcelain, militaria and clocks
George Gerard Mealy BBLS Attorney-at-Law Certified Art Valuer
George Gerard studied Fine Art Valuation in Southampton Solent University before graduating with a double major with honours in Business & Law at UCD. He then trained with PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services during which time he sat and passed the New York bar exams. He is member of the New York State Bar Association and is a qualified attorney. He began training in Mealy's in 2008 and is primarily focussed on business development and auxilliary services.
Consign for Sale